Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Long and Short of it

I was hesitant to wear the high-low skirt hem  when the trend resurfaced about a year ago. But after three trips to Asia (yes three!), I came to appreciate the ease and simplicity of long skirts. While traveling East, I was told to dress respectfully, which meant covering my arms and legs. It was so hot and humid in this region that there was no point in wearing skinny jeans (or doing my hair or make-up) as I would become a sweaty mess as soon as I stepped outside! I quickly welcomed these flowy, breathable long skirts and have adopted them into my wardrobe ever since.  The high-low hem breaks up the monotony of the maxi skirt and is slightly more edgy. I particularly love this skirt because it is not literally a high-low hem, but instead has an asymmetrical cut out. Very cool.

Xx




Forever 21 Skirt, Madewell Tank, Report Booties, Forever 21 Necklace, H&M Bracelets

7 comments: