Thursday, July 12, 2012

DIY Vibrant Crystal Necklace

These vibrant necklaces are majorly trending at the moment and I can't get enough of the bright color combos. I decided to give it a go and try making my own, thanks to Miss B at AgirlAstyle. All you need is a crystal necklace, nail polish and a clear top coat. I found this crystal necklace at Forever 21 for $10! Choose any nail polish color combination you'd like and paint each crystal as if you were painting your own nails. I did two coats for a more opaque finish. Let dry overnight and then apply the clear top coat. Voila!



$10 at Forever 21! J Crew's bubble necklaces sell for $150!



I opted for two shades of hot pink and added the second shade of yellow after the first shade did not turn out as I had intended.



Drying nicely on a vase near my workspace:) I am looking forward to testing a few more color combinations and I'm sure I will be doing an outfit post wearing them soon! Send me pics of your designs as well~Xx


6 comments:

  1. Love this! I've been painting so much of my old, cheap jewelry with nail polish lately. It's so much fun to reinvent it! I love the colors you chose, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! I love the turn out of the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty!!! love this necklace, will have to add to the Arts & Crafts project list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Will totally be doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] share soon. Below you can see the other color way I made of the DIY crystal necklace I featured here. Make sure to follow banjoeyes on [...]

    ReplyDelete