Thursday, August 2, 2012

DIY Braided Chain Bracelet

Last week my friend Yaara sent me this great DIY bracelet idea from Pinterest. I am very pleased with the way it turned out and am looking forward to making more for my friends!

Supplies:

10" Chain Link
Crochet Needle
Clasp and Jump Ring
19 Ft Cording (Same or combination of colors)


STEP 1: Measure chain around wrist to obtain desired length. Cut 19 12" pieces of cording.  Set 18 pieces aside, and knot one to the end of chain.


STEP 2: Loop cord through crochet needle. Set aside.
STEP 3: Separate remaining 18 pieces of cording into 3 bunches of 6. Knot the ends of bunches and braid cording together using 2 pieces of cord per strand. Repeat to remaining 2 bunches.


STEP 4: Now you have 3 braided cords. Knot the ends of the 3 cords together and braid. When finished, lay parallel to chain.
STEP 5: Once braided cording and chain are side by side, loop needle and cord through braid, then back through chain and repeat all the way down. I then looped the cord back up the chain to make the braid more secure. Once done, knot the ends and clip off any extra cording.


STEP 6: Attach clasp and you're done!



My mom made the blue, green and gold bracelet:)



3 comments:

  1. i LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing Steph (and Yaara ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, your bracelets look so good!!! I'm going to have to try this ... And I love the fringe tank, too! xo

    ReplyDelete