Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Banjo Eyes in Hawaii

I had a great trip to Oahu a few weeks ago to visit my childhood best friend, Monica . I thought it would be fun to round up my favorite places she has introduced me to on the island. Everyday, we went to a new beach, a new boutique, or a new place to eat which was a great way to explore the island! I feel Oahu gets a bad rep because Waikiki is so "touristy". It is just as beautiful as the other islands, you may just have to drive to find the good spots:) Below are some of my favorite spots and pics from my recent trip.

1. Must see beaches: Lanikai and Kailua, about a 45 minute drive from Waikiki

Mokulua Dr, Kailua, HI 96734

2. Dole Plantation, A fun place to stop on the way to the North Shore.

3.. Guava Shop: My favorite boutique on the island for cute beach cover-ups, bikini's and delicious candles(North Shore): http://guavahawaii.com

The 19th Annual Honolulu Festival and Parade took place my final day. The firework show at dinner was the perfect end to my trip!


hawaii5hawaii4Hawaii74. Must see beaches: North Shore Oahu, Sunset beach and Waimea bayHawaii1 Hawaii2 Hawaii3

5. Shaved Ice: For the best Shaved Ice (North Shore):
66-087 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712

Shaveice
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment